Wells Fargo Advisors Online Trading Agreement
This Agreement supplements your existing client agreements with Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC and/or Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network, LLC. Your use of these online services, or where applicable, your clicking "I Agree" or similar language, constitutes acceptance of this Agreement.
We are providing you with the ability to enter orders to purchase or sell securities or other property electronically for your account(s). In addition, we are providing you with electronic access to your account information, quotations, other securities market data and information, research and news stories through our website on the Internet. We may add to or eliminate information or services at any time without notice.
Property Rights. Any information provided through electronic access is our property or the property of others who allow us to distribute it to you and is provided only for your personal, non-commercial use. You may download this information and print out one hard copy; you may not remove any copyright or other notices.
You may not share, modify, or commercially exploit any such information without our written consent and may not use it for any unlawful purpose. You also will comply with any request to preserve our or our providers' property rights in the information.
Hardware and Software Necessary to Access the Site. You are responsible for the equipment required to use these services, and for all fees and charges incurred by you in accessing them. You will use the level of encryption security required by us, and you will provide us with your e-mail address (other than through our website) so that we can communicate with you electronically.
Security. We will provide you with a user identification and a password ("Access Codes"). Except for an act or omission by us, you will be responsible for the confidentiality of your Access Codes and for any use of them. If your Access Codes are lost or stolen, notify us immediately.
Confidentiality of Information. We will use reasonable precautions to maintain the confidentiality of information you receive or provide; but there is no assurance that any Internet communication will remain confidential.
Orders Will Be Considered Unsolicited. Any order you enter electronically with us will be treated and recorded by us as an unsolicited order. We are not responsible for the suitability or appropriateness of unsolicited orders.
Limitations. We may add to or eliminate information or services or limit your use of these services as we see fit, without prior notice to you. Limitations may include restrictions on the number of transactions or the types of transactions or securities or other property that you may enter electronically. You must monitor your account to determine whether any order you place was executed or rejected by us.
Risks of Online Trading. Our services may be delayed or unavailable during periods of high demand, market volatility, systems upgrades or maintenance, or for any other reason. During these periods, quotations, orders, and transaction reports may be delayed and the information transmitted to you may not be accurate, even if it appears to be real-time information. The price at which your order is executed may be different from the displayed quote at the time the order was entered.
Processing and Execution of Orders. We may elect to review your order manually before it is executed. Such manual review may result in a delay in execution and a difference between the execution price and the displayed quote at the time the order was entered. We also are under no obligation to report any known or suspected errors in your order to you. Once you place an order, you may not be able to cancel or modify it before execution, and any attempt to modify or replace entered orders may result in duplicate transactions for which you will be responsible.
Order and Trade Confirmations. You will receive trade confirmations in the mail unless you have agreed to receive confirmations electronically.
Extended Trading Hours. Our services include the ability to place orders for execution after the close of regular daytime trading. We transmit these orders to one or more trading markets (called Electronic Communications Networks) or other market makers. We are not obligated, however, to provide you with access to any or all available markets during Extended Trading Hours.
TRADING DURING EXTENDED TRADING HOURS IS EXTREMELY RISKY. ONLY LIMIT ORDERS ARE PERMITTED DURING EXTENDED TRADING HOURS. There is no guarantee that any order placed during Extended Trading Hours will be executed and, if it is executed, there is no guarantee of the price. Quotes and market prices during Extended Trading Hours can be extremely volatile and are independent of prices during regular trading hours.
Restrictions on Electronic Communications. You will not electronically transmit instructions to . . .
- transmit personal credit information (including credit -card numbers),
- give notice of a change of address, or
- give instructions to change or confirm your Access Codes.
Disclaimer of Warranties. We provide no warranties regarding the following:
- Completeness, accuracy and timeliness of information available through our website. Price quotations may be delayed and may not reflect current prices.
- Continuation of the Service: We are free to discontinue any part of this service. If at any time you are unable to access information through our website, you can contact your Financial Advisor, Wells Fargo Advisors Direct or our branch offices to place an order or access our services.
- Computer Viruses: We will not be liable for damage to your equipment or software.
- Information and Software of Third Parties: We assume no liability regarding any website not under our control (even if linked to our website), or for software or hardware developed by any third party (even if linked to our website). A link to another website does not signify an endorsement of the site or of any security referenced there.
- Force Majeure: We will not be liable for losses resulting from causes beyond our control (failure of equipment or communication lines, problems with hardware or software, unauthorized access, severe weather, fires, war, terrorism, accidents, government actions, labor disputes, etc.).
- Application to Non-U.S. Persons. We are not required to make these services available to residents of any non-U.S. jurisdiction.
INFORMATION, SERVICES AND FUNCTIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS/AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY LAW. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR FOR YOUR ERRORS. IN ALL INSTANCES, LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTION OR OMISSION BY US SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE BENEFIT THAT THE TRANSACTION WOULD HAVE RESULTED IN BETWEEN THE DATE OF THE TRADE AND THE TIME FOR SETTLEMENT UNDER ANY APPLICABLE LAW, RULE, OR REGULATION.
Modification of Agreement. We may change this Agreement at any time after providing notice to you (including by posting notice of the changes to our website). Continued use of these services after such notice will constitute your acceptance of the revised Agreement.