Wells Fargo Advisors Trainee
You Have a Choice
There are many ways to become a Financial Advisor at Wells Fargo Advisors.
Our multiple business model options offer you incredible flexibility and mobility as you build your business and career. Not only can you begin your career in the business model that fits you best, but you also have the freedom to transition to other business models as your career progresses.
Each business model at Wells Fargo Advisors has one or more training program options. While one of them might fit your preferred working style or client interaction preference better, they will all provide you with the training needed to help your clients succeed financially and grow your business.
- Wells Fargo Advisors Solutions - serve clients via phone in a home office setting.
- Bank Financial Advisor in Training - partner with an experienced advisor to serve customers from our community bank.
- Branch Financial Advisor in Training - build a stand-alone business in a branch office.
- Associate Financial Advisor - apprentice with an experienced advisor in a team setting in a branch office.
- Branch Solutions Advisor - receive existing client account referrals and serve clients in our branch offices.
Set Up For Success
As you can see, we have several diverse training programs, which share many common elements. All with a unified goal: to prepare you for a successful career as a Financial Advisor.
You will be granted dedicated time to study and prepare to take both the Series 7 and Series 66 registration exams.
Business Development Training
You will undergo extensive hands-on training on both the services and products provided by the firm, but also how they are suitable for a variety of your potential clients.
Sales and Prospect Training
In both small-group setting and larger gatherings, you will be given the opportunity to learn the skills to turn investors into long-term client relationships.
Throughout the training process, more senior advisors will share their thoughts and experiences, as well as how to apply them to every aspect of your new career.
Seize the Opportunity
There has never been a better time to explore a career as a Financial Advisor. Many variables are combining to make this move the perfect opportunity for the right person.
- 1Over the next ten years, Financial Advisor jobs are projected to grow at 27% (compared to 11% of all other US occupations).
Wealth is growing across multiple generations:
- 210,000 baby boomers will turn 65 each day for the next 19 years.
- 3Generation X's assets will grow by about 50% in the next 10 years.
- 3Generation Y's assets will more than quadruple in the next 10 years.
- 4In the next ten years, 32% of all current Financial Advisors will retire.
- 70+ million people have a current relationship with Wells Fargo.
1Source: The Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics via Forbes.
2Source: Annuity tables, Society of Actuaries
3Source: Boston Consulting Group and WFA Strategy NextGen Client Economic Analysis
4Source: Cerulli Associates
Our competitive compensation plan is designed with your personal and professional success in mind.
- Full salary for the entirety of the training period.
- After training is complete, you will be offered a base compensation package, along with the possibility of performance-based bonuses or commissions.
- As your business grows, so will your compensation. Exact compensation details are dependent on your business model.
- A complete benefits package is available.
While the traits you need most to build your business vary by the business model you work within, every successful Financial Advisor has a little bit of all of these inside them.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong work ethic
- Sales instincts
- Natural relationship builder
- Appetite for financial knowledge
We encourage you to fully explore the three client stories on this site to develop a deeper understanding of not only the Wells Fargo Advisors Trainee experience, but also what it means to be a Financial Advisor.
Any questions about additional aspects of any of the Wells Fargo Trainee programs or taking the first step towards beginning a career as a Financial Advisor?Contact Us