Associate Financial Advisor
Apprentice with an experienced branch Financial Advisor to learn how to grow their business, by servicing and building existing client relationships within a team setting.
The Associate Financial Advisor program is closely aligned with our Traditional Advisor business model. Learn more about that business model here.
Initially salaried, shifting to base salary + shared commission
2 year training program
Series 7 and Series 66
Nationwide (includes visits to Home Office in St. Louis)
Program Structure and Timeline
Each of our training programs are designed to give potential Financial Advisors the tools they need to succeed — coaching and mentoring, hands-on learning opportunities and comprehensive training courses.
Licensing and Foundations Training(includes visit to St. Louis with Experienced FA)
- Series 7 and Series 66 exam preparation in your local branch with the help of experienced Home Office Investment Licensing Training professionals to provide coaching and monitoring assistance along the way
- Introductions to your support team: Performance Coach, and Experienced Financial Advisor, Branch Manager and L&D Consultants
- Introduction to business planning, the advice-based sales process, and Wells Fargo Advisors culture, vision and values
Acceleration Phase(includes visit to St. Louis)
- Comprised of five 10-week modules focused on the core best practices that help advisors deliver superior service and advice to clients. Learning activities are designed to help you acquire knowledge, demonstrate skills and deliver business impact in each of five key areas
- Includes live client observations, role plays with your Experienced Financial Advisor, regular 1:1 and group coaching sessions and interactions with actual clients
Action Phase(includes visit to St. Louis)
- Building on the knowledge, skills and best practices developed in Year 1, this phase allows you to take on greater responsibility as the lead relationship manager on a number of existing and new client accounts, with a goal of deepening relationships and supporting the growth of the practice
- Advanced curriculum and ongoing coaching to support development of business planning, best practice adoption and team-specific skills