July 9, 2020
Five Ways the Pandemic Changes the Investment Landscape
- Our 2020 Midyear Outlook report introduced five secular themes that we believe the COVID-19 pandemic created, accelerated, or permanently altered.
- This report focuses on five main ways in which investment opportunities may arise. We believe that some of these opportunities will come from preexisting trends that COVID-19 has accelerated; still others will come from new trends.
- New risks also come with these five themes, but we offer some systematic ways to think about risk and reward, and we recall that resilience can be a useful investment tool.
Read our report to learn five key ways that this is changing the investment landscape—and what it may mean for investors.
- Consumers will likely become more frugal, choosy, and home-oriented
- Businesses will reassess how to add flexibility while maintaining efficiency
- The pandemic is likely to intensify existing stresses globally
- More direct government involvement in the economy—for better or worse
- Health care will likely play an increasingly prominent future role