Quicken®: Software Setup
To set up access to Wells Fargo Advisors online services through Quicken, please use the following instructions.
Before You Begin
Please review the following information:
- Complete Steps 1 through 3 below for each data file or location you connect from (home or work, for example).
- The same access codes can be used to log into Wells Fargo Advisors online services through the Internet and Wells Fargo Advisors through Quicken.
- Select 'Wells Fargo Advisors' as the financial institution when setting up a new brokerage account.
- Once you've enrolled, you will be able to access your Wells Fargo Advisors account information within two business days.
Step 1. Update my Quicken Software
To ensure your software will perform as described in the instructions below, perform a One Step Update to receive the most up-to-date version of your Quicken software and Wells Fargo Advisors online information.
To determine which Quicken release is installed in your software, choose About Quicken from the Quicken Help menu. The About Quicken window contains current release information.
To perform a One Step Update, connect to the Internet, and complete the following steps:
- Choose Online menu > One Step Update.
- Uncheck the Financial Institution box, then click Update Now.
- If an update to Quicken is available, Quicken displays a message at the bottom of the One Step Update Summary dialogue box indicating there is a Quicken update available.
- Click on the message and follow the on-screen instructions to install the available update.
- Verify in the About Quicken the latest release of the software.
If One Step Update does not update your software with the latest release, you can manually download the latest Quicken update from the Quicken Update support website.
Step 2. What Do I Need to Get Started?
- Make sure you have Internet access and that it is set up to work with Quicken.
- Enroll for access to Wells Fargo Advisors online through Quicken. Refer to the Getting Started with Wells Fargo Advisors section of this support site.
- Be sure you have your Wells Fargo Advisors online Username and Password.
Step 3. Add a Wells Fargo Advisors Investment Account
In most cases, if you hold an account at a Wells Fargo Advisors, then the simplest way to add an account to Quicken is to use Express Online Setup. This option can automate your account setup by downloading account and transactions information for you.
If you want to add the account manually, you can use the following procedure. When you do so, Quicken adds the new account to the Account List (choose Tools menu > Account List). In most cases, you'll want to add all your accounts in the same Quicken data file, so that you can track all your finances in one place.
- At the bottom of the Account Bar list, click Add Account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Click on the Help icon for more information.
For Additional Help
As a courtesy to you, Wells Fargo Advisors provides instructions for basic functions within your software. Should you have questions or need additional help, you can:
- Use Quicken help menu:
- Help > Quicken Help has detailed instructions about using your software to access Wells Fargo Advisors Online.
- Help > Current Window provides instructions for using a feature or function related to the page you are on.
- Help > Product and Customer Support provides easy access to "Help Using Quicken," Troubleshooting," "Search Frequently Asked Questions," "Contact Us," and "Make the Most of Quicken" help resources.
- Help > Tutorials are short videos that provide a summary of key features in Quicken.
- Help > User Manuals is an online user manual for Quicken. Refer to the "Use online account services with Quicken" section for more information about using Quicken to access Wells Fargo Advisors online services.
- Help > About Quicken helps you ensure that your software is up-to-date, and contains information you will need when contacting Intuit for technical assistance.
- Visit the Quicken Support Site.
- Call Quicken Telephone Support at 1-800 811-8766, between 8:00a.m. and 8:00p.m. ET, 7 days a week.
- Call Wells Fargo Advisors online support at 1-877-879-2495.
Please note: Products and services are offered by the merchants whose sites you visit. Wells Fargo Advisors neither endorses nor guarantees, unless expressly noted, any of the products or services offered for sale through those sites. Such sites are not within our control and may not follow the same privacy, security or accessibility standards as ours.
Software instructions included on this site and information referenced on the merchant sites you visit are provided by Intuit.