Wells Fargo Advisors U.S. Privacy Notice
This notice is effective as of January 2022.
- Social Security number and employment information
- Account balances and transaction history
- Credit history and investment experience
*If your financial advisor departs WFA and joins a non-affiliated securities broker-dealer with which WFA has entered into an agreement regarding financial advisors changing firms, WFA may share with your financial advisor certain limited contact information which will be used to solicit you to join the new firm. The only information WFA will share is your name, address, email address, phone number, and account title. You may, however, opt-out of this information sharing arrangement – see Financial Advisor Sharing Opt-Out in the Other important information section below.
- Call 1-888-528-8460 — our menu will prompt you through your choices.
Online and mobile banking customers – sign on and from the My Profile or Profile menu, select Change Privacy Preferences or Privacy Preferences.
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we can continue to share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
- To limit our direct marketing to you by mail or telephone, call 1-888-528-8460 - our menu will prompt you through your choices.
- Online and mobile banking customers – sign on and from the My Profile or Profile menu, select Change Privacy Preferences or Privacy Preferences.
A Do Not Call election is effective for five years, or while you are an active consumer customer, if longer than five years. The Do Not Mail election is effective for three years. You may continue to receive marketing information in regular account mailings and statements, when you visit us online or at an ATM. You may also be contacted to service your account or participate in surveys. If you have an assigned client manager or team, they may continue to contact you to assist you in managing your portfolio or account relationship.
- Open an account
- Seek advice about your investments
- Make deposits or withdrawals from your accounts
- Enter into an investment advisory contract
- Seek financial or tax advice
- Sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes — information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
- Our affiliates include financial companies with Wells Fargo in their name such as Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- WFA does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
- WFA does not jointly market.
Wells Fargo Advisors; Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC; or Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC, doing business as Wells Fargo Advisors. Wells Fargo Advisors is a trade name used by Wells Fargo Clearing Services, LLC, Member SIPC, a registered broker-dealer and non-bank affiliate of Wells Fargo & Company. (Wells Fargo)
The following legal entities and businesses are not covered by this notice and have separate privacy notices:
- Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Wells Fargo Retail Services, a division of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Wells Fargo Investment Institute, Inc.
- Global Alternative Investments
- Wells Fargo Advisors Financial Network, LLC
- Any insurance company, insurance agency, or other company that has its own privacy notice or policy
- Businesses that have provided a separate privacy notice governing specified accounts or relationships