Quicken®: Account Download From Software
To download your Wells Fargo Advisors account information to Quicken, please use the following instructions.
Before You Begin
Please review the following information:
- Account information is available from the previous day's market close (4:00p.m. ET) for Balances and Positions (Holdings)
- Up to 120 days of your transaction history (Activity) is available (from the day you enrolled for Quicken access.)
- Wells Fargo Advisors processes each day's transactions between 2:00a.m. and 6:00a.m. ET, Monday through Friday. During this processing time, the most current account data may not be available for all accounts.
- The following brokerage accounts can be downloaded:
- Standard brokerage accounts (including fee-based accounts)
- Asset management accounts (Command Asset Program)
- IRAs (only those made up of brokerage products; Certificate of Deposit IRAs are excluded)
- Transaction activity (for securities and cash transactions) is available to download as of trade date—not the settlement date.
- Quicken will match downloaded information during the account reconciliation process and will only import transactions that have not been previously downloaded.
Step 1. Add Accounts Using Express Online Setup
When you add a new account, Quicken adds it to the Account List. In most cases, you'll want to add all your accounts in the same Quicken data file, so that you can track all your finances in one place.
If the account you're adding to Quicken is eligible for Express Online Setup, all you need to get started is the customer ID and password for each account that you want to add. If you don't already have this information, Quicken tells you how to get this information from Wells Fargo Advisors during the setup process.
To add an account:
- At the bottom of the Account Bar list, click Add Account.
- Click Next to move through the pages.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, making sure to select Yes, I want to connect to through Quicken when given the option. Click Help for more information.
Step 2. Update My Accounts Directly From Wells Fargo Advisors
- Open the account you want to update.
- On the Download Transactions tab, click Update Transactions.
- Wells Fargo Advisors may prompt you to enter a password (specific account password or Password Vault master password) at this time.
- In the Online Update for this account dialog, select the Download latest cleared transactions and balances check box.
- Click Update Now.
- After the update completes, Quicken always displays summary information when errors occur during the online session. If no errors have occurred, Quicken may or may not display the summary screen depending on your One Step Update settings. If necessary, click the Update arrow on the Quicken toolbar and choose Update Status to view the update summary. (Optional)
- Review your downloaded transactions and accept them into your register.
Step 3. Downloaded Transactions Preferences
- Choose Edit menu > Preferences > Quicken Program.
- In the left pane, select Downloaded transactions.
- In the right pane, select the settings you want to use:
- Apply renaming rules to downloaded transactions
- Automatically create rules when manually renaming
- Don't display a message when renaming
- Renaming Rules
- Capitalize first letter only in downloaded payee names
- Click OK to save your changes.
Two business days will be required upon initial enrollment for Quicken access before your account data can be downloaded.
Step 4. Review and Accept Investment Transactions
To review and accept downloaded transactions into my Quicken transaction list
- After you download transactions from Wells Fargo Advisors, Quicken displays the Online Update Summary window.
- If you downloaded transactions for more than one account, find the row that lists the name of the account you want to accept transactions for.
- Click Go to register.
- You are asked to match securities if Quicken detects downloaded transactions for securities that are not currently in your Security List.
- Below the investment account transaction list, on the Downloaded Transactions tab, Quicken displays a list of any downloaded transactions you haven't yet accepted.
- Review each transaction for accuracy, and then click either Accept to tell Quicken to enter it in the transaction list, or Delete to delete it.
- If you are matching a Sell transaction, you may be asked to specify lots for performance and tax tracking purposes.
- If necessary, click Continue to see downloaded transactions for any associated linked checking account.
- When you have finished accepting transactions, click Done.
- Review your investment transaction list and edit transactions as necessary to add any supplemental information (such as categories or memos)
- If your Quicken and brokerage portfolios do not agree, Quicken asks if you would like to enter adjustment transactions.
Downloaded transactions can be marked as either Matched, New, or Near Match. For an overview of the matching process and matching terminology, see Understand terms used in investment transaction matching. For additional assistance on working with special types of downloaded transactions, see Edit and delete downloaded transactions.
You can click Accept All to put all the transactions in your investment transaction list at once. However:
- If any of your transactions involve lots, Quicken may not accept them until you choose the lots. These transactions will remain in your Downloaded Transaction list even after you have clicked Accept All—you need to accept or delete them individually.
- If you have entered transactions into your investment list manually, Accept All may result in many duplicate entries. It's better in that case to accept transactions one by one.
To specify lots for a downloaded Sell transaction
- If you are matching a Sell transaction, you may be asked to specify lots for performance and tax-tracking purposes.
- If you are selling a security for which you have only one open lot, or if you are selling your entire holdings of a security, Accept All does not prompt you for lot information.
If Quicken won't let you click Accept for a downloaded Sell transaction, or if you have already clicked Accept All and now you have a Sell transaction in your transaction list without a related Buy, see the troubleshooting topic on this subject.
For Additional Help
As a courtesy to you, Wells Fargo Advisors provides instructions for basic functions within your software. Should you have questions or need additional help, you can:
- Use Quicken help menu:
- Help > Quicken Help has detailed instructions about using your software to access Wells Fargo Advisors Online.
- Help > Current Window provides instructions for using a feature or function related to the page you are on.
- Help > Product and Customer Support provides easy access to "Help Using Quicken," Troubleshooting," "Search Frequently Asked Questions," "Contact Us," and "Make the Most of Quicken" help resources.
- Help > Tutorials are short videos that provide a summary of key features in Quicken.
- Help > User Manuals is an online user manual for Quicken. Refer to the "Use online account services with Quicken" section for more information about using Quicken to access Wells Fargo Advisors online services.
- Help > About Quicken helps you ensure that your software is up-to-date, and contains information you will need when contacting Intuit for technical assistance.
- Visit the Quicken Support Site.
- Call Quicken Telephone Support at 1-800 811-8766, between 8:00a.m. and 8:00p.m. ET, 7 days a week.
- Call Wells Fargo Advisors online support at 1-877-879-2495.
Please note: Products and services are offered by the merchants whose sites you visit. Wells Fargo Advisors neither endorses nor guarantees, unless expressly noted, any of the products or services offered for sale through those sites. Such sites are not within our control and may not follow the same privacy, security or accessibility standards as ours.
Software instructions included on this site and information referenced on the merchant sites you visit are provided by Intuit.