First Clearing International Wire Remittance Transfer Notification of Error Resolution and Cancellation Rights
Thank you for trusting First Clearing to provide this important wire service to you and your recipient overseas. This notice provides important information regarding your error resolution and cancellation rights when completing a wire transfer.
Error Resolution Rights
What should I do if I think there has been an error or problem with my wire transfer?
- Contact your Financial Advisor.
- Contact First Clearing by phone or in writing using the information provided on the Transaction Notice you received confirming the wire transfer.
When should I contact my Financial Advisor or First Clearing about my wire transfer error or problem?
You should contact us immediately with a potential error or problem. To protect your error resolution rights, you must contact us within 180 days from the date we told you that the funds would be made available to your recipient.
What information should I have available when I contact my Financial Advisor or First Clearing about my wire transfer error or problem?
- Name, address, and telephone number where we can reach you during business hours.
- The date and dollar amount of the transfer.
- The recipient’s name and receiving location of the transfer.
- Eight digit Brokerage account number.
- Fed Reference Number or Contract ID (provided on your Transaction Notice confirming the wire transfer), if available.
- The error or problem with the wire transfer, and why you believe it is an error or problem.
First Clearing will determine whether an error occurred on your wire transfer within 90 days after you contact us. We will contact you with a resolution within three business days after completing our investigation. If we identify that there was no error, First Clearing will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of any documents we used in our investigation.
What can I do if I want to cancel my wire transfer?
You have the right to cancel a wire transfer within 30 minutes of completing the remittance transfer, and obtain a refund of all funds paid to us, including all fees, unless funds have already been picked up by your beneficiary or deposited to their account. To initiate the cancellation, you must contact your financial advisor within 30 minutes of submitting your wire transfer.
When you contact us, you must provide us with information to help us identify the wire transfer you wish to cancel, including the amount of the transfer, where the funds were sent, and other information that will allow us to authenticate your identity. We will refund your money to your account within 3 business days of your cancellation request unless the funds have already been picked up or deposited into a beneficiary’s account.