Social Media Guidelines
Terms and Conditionscall out
Welcome! We are glad you are following our advisors. While you’re here, we want to give you information that’s relevant to you that we hope will inform and protect you while you are participating on our advisors’ social media pages.
To best serve the interests of our advisors’ followers and connections, we have established some guidelines designed to keep you focused on what’s most important. These guidelines are not only important to us but also to you because they help protect you, your privacy and your rights.
Here we go...
- We’re listening to what’s being said on our advisors’ Firm recognized social media pages. What we learn from you will help us shape our communications.
- Solving problems: We know sometimes you need help. Maybe you don’t understand your statement, you’re having a technical problem with our website, or you just don’t like the service you’re getting. Here are some ways you can contact us for assistance.
- To make sure the conversation is useful, respectful of diverse viewpoints, and lawful, we’ll review all comments and, if we feel it’s appropriate, block or remove any that are or include:
- Off topic. If it’s not related to what our advisors are talking about, we’re not going to include it. If you have topics that you’d like to talk about, want to provide feedback, or would like to contact us directly, you can get in touch with us through one of our customer service channels.
- Spam. If a user-posted comment is selling a product or service or links to another website for personal, political or monetary gain, we’re going to remove it.
- Personal attacks. If you disagree with the content on an advisor’s Twitter feed, we’d like to hear from you. However, we do ask that you refrain from personal attacks and being disrespectful of others. If your comments are malicious and not fit for civil conversation, we won’t share them.
- Illegal. We follow all laws that govern the use of copyrights, trade secrets, etc.
- Offensive language. We do not tolerate and will exclude all comments that include, but are not limited to, profane or provocative language. That includes hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, and derogatory content as well as threats and obscene or sexually explicit language.
- Testimonials. Due to our industry regulations, please do not post testimonials about how well you’ve done by investing with us or your experience with our associates, products or services - but we do hope your experiences have been positive.
- Specific investment advice or information related to specific stocks, funds or other investments. The advisor’s Twitter feed is not intended as a forum to discuss these topics. These topics are best discussed in a one-on-one setting.
- Communications via Twitter constitute neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy any investment product or participate in any trading strategy. Sale of investment products in any state in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to such registration or qualification under the securities or insurance laws of any such state is not permitted. To see states in which the Advisor is registered to offer, solicit or sell investment and insurance products and services, please visit their website.
- Wells Fargo Advisors is not responsible for and does not endorse any content, advertising, advice, opinions, recommendations or other information from third parties, including those from the social network.
- Wells Fargo Advisors is not affiliated with Social networks , e.g. Linked in, Facebook and Twitter, so please know that you are contributing at your own risk.
- Opinions and comments expressed by members of the social network are those of the person submitting them and do not necessarily represent the views of the creator of this profile or the firm.
- We do not endorse or approve content submitted by third parties or endorse individuals or organizations by using any features on this site.
- The “Favorite” and “like” feature. “Favoriting” or “liking” an advisor’s post or page is not an indication of any endorsement for the products or services offered through us or any of our affiliates. Wells Fargo Advisors and its advisors do not solicit testimonials or endorsements on their social media feeds, and, in particular, when related to our investment advisory business. Third-party posts do not reflect the views of Wells Fargo Advisors or any of its affiliates, and they have not been reviewed by us for completeness or accuracy. Positive feedback may not be representative of the experience of all clients, does not guarantee future performance or success, and should not be considered a recommendation by us for any specific investment product.
- Claims of copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that materials available on a Wells Fargo or Wells Fargo Advisors site infringe upon your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Wells Fargo or Wells Fargo Advisors a notice requesting us to remove the material or block access to it.
If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act permits you to send us a counter-notice. Details are available on the Copyright Office site at http://www.copyright.gov.
- We reserve the right to change these guidelines at any time.
Thanks for reading.
Sincerely, the Wells Fargo Advisors social media team